Janice Cipriani-Willis is an accomplished watercolorist who began her art education by earning a B.A. in Fine Arts from California State University, Los Angeles. She continued her education by studying with nationally known artists, such as Don Andrews, Gerald Brommer, Frank Francese, and Frank Webb
A lifetime of vacationing in the National Parks of the west has inspired Janice to express the beauty of the world in watercolors. She sees the pieces of light that play over forms as a marvelous mosaic. “In my watercolors, I rearrange the light playing over forms into an image of this world’s beauty.”
Janice's current work has been inspired by watching people in situations that engender a range of human feelings. She creates poignant portraits focusing on the different kinds of beauty seen in their faces.
Janice is a signature member of Watercolor West, having been accepted four times into the Watercolor West show since 2004.
- Best of Show, 2010 River Road Show, Louisiana Art Guild
- First Place Painting, 2010 and 2009 Temecula Visual Expressions Art Show
- First Place Watercolor, 2009 Fallbrook Open Juried Fall Show
- People's Choice Award, Watercolor West XL, December 2008
- Best of Show and First Place Watercolor, 2007 Temecula Visual Expressions Art Show
- Victor Miceli Law Library Purchase Award, 2005 Watercolor West XXXVII